Sunday, December 24, 2006

I'm getting bored of erotic stories, I have to say. There are many quality erotic stories available online, but the vast majority are failing to hold my attention. Now I struggle with reading large blocks of text on a computer screen anyway, and I take medication which doesn't exactly help. But the trouble with erotic stories is that once you've read enough of them, you can predict where they're going to go. There are only so many ways to describe the same fantasy, unless you're a brilliant writer in which case there are probably a million different ways. But most of us aren't brilliant writers, even if we think we are.

And it seems as though everyone involved in sex thinks that they can write erotica, which simply isn't the case. (American readers won't know who Abi Titmuss is, which is probably a good thing! Let's keep it that way!)

So I'm looking for new ways of writing erotica that are better able to hold the attention. I have one or two ideas which will probably manifest themselves in this blog, but I'm looking for interaction and input from others too.