Thursday, December 28, 2006

It seems there is a thriving orgasm denial community on the web, where the woman (usually a mistress) is the denier, and the man (usually submissive, if not a stated submissive) is the denied. It seems that within this context, the roles are very clearly defined. The woman is in charge, period.

Which presents me with a bit of a dilemma, because in my writing there is a lot of roleplay interchange. In some posts the tease is a man, and in others a woman. Sometimes I am using a male narrator, and at other times a woman. And I'm noticing that this seems to put me out of sync with a lot of the tease stuff that's already out there.

So the question I'm asking myself is this: Do I write exclusively orgasm denial stuff aimed at men, for the sake of a target audience? Or do I carry on doing what I'm doing, for the sake of artistic integrity? I think I already know the answer to that question, and I think you do too. But it's a question worth asking, because I think there exists an element of suspicion toward those who do not define the boundaries clearly enough.